10 Recruiting Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the temping industry. Whether you are a staffing agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated April 2019):
- Many organisations use talent-management software to screen resumes that look at keywords to screen out up to 74% of applicants without ever looking at a resume or cover letter
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 79% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- On average there will be between 56 and 110 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 3% and 11% of these applicants get an interview.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 78% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- It was reported of the 19,000 new hires 45% of them failed within 15 months and of these, 92% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the company. Only 13% failed because of a lack of skills.
- It is interesting to note that only 6% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 4% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Phone interviews last 31 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 43 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 32% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 7 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- On average new talent take between 23 and 26 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 32% look for multitasking skills; 31% look for initiative; 19% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 43% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
For more Temping Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job: