Top Reasons For Quitting
Although our focus is on finding the ideal role, understanding exactly why many career decisions end in a 'resignation' rather than 'retirement' is interesting:
- Salary & Benefits. Yes, you need might be attracted by a competitive salary and professional working environment. Surprising to most however is how far this is down the list as a reason for resigning.
- The Manager. The reasons may vary, they do have a common thread, poor leadership and an inability to mentor and develop.
- Other Employees. You know what they say about "one bad apple..." Hiring one wrong person can bring down a cohesive team faster than hiring 5 great staff. After all we, spend more time with our colleagues than we do our husbands, wives or children!
- Lack of Mutual Loyalty. Commitment goes both ways and requires a real sense of investment and trust from employers to assume employees will stay, in order to secure and attract long term loyalty. Whether it be investment in training or career planning, you will stay in a job much longer if you see a commitment by your employer to keep you... and grow you!
- Bad Fit. Whether it is the Y Generation convinced the company doesn't deserve them or an employer abandoning any effort to be an 'employer of choice' something just doesn't feel right with the job.
Sources (Updated February 2018):
- American Staffing Association
- The Australian Financial Review
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
your resume won't get a thorough reading the first time. generally, a resume is quickly scanned for 5 to 7 seconds before a decision is made to read or reject it. scanning is more difficult if it is hard to read, poorly organized or exceeds 2 or 3 pages.job or 76 contract. Whilst securing a job can often be a challenge, securing a job which advances your career is an even bigger challenge. The Career Advice resources were last updated October 2018 and are aimed to help you decide such things as whether you stay in the same role for more than 3 to 7 years or whether you are being underpaid $4,429 (or possibly overpaid) as a 3. Companies benefit by viewing suggested resume formatting - "do the recruiters' work for them”
your resume won't get a thorough reading the first time. generally, a resume is quickly scanned for 5 to 7 seconds before a decision is made to read or reject it. scanning is more difficult if it is hard to read, poorly organized or exceeds 2 or 3 pages.salaries or 76 wages, and can even use our Position Description Builder quickly tailored to their organisation's employment culture. As an business, if you have 3 employment needs in and around Adelaide, please call us on (08) 7078 8712 for expert temping from the highest rated recruitment agency team. At Staffing we are fortunate that with our hard fort reputation as being one of the top recruitment agencies in Australia (often ranked between 3 and 6), the majority of candidates and operations are referred to us. If you found us by searching for adelaide recruitment temping, adelaide temp temping recruitment agency, 4538, adelaide temp temp agency employment company, temping or sa agency staffing temp then we look forward to helping you with your organisation's employment requirements or helping you accelerate your career.
For more Temping Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >