Main 5 Reasons For Leaving Your Job
Although our focus is on finding the ideal role, understanding exactly why many career decisions end in a 'resignation' rather than 'retirement' is interesting:
- The Manager. The reasons may vary, they do have a common thread, poor leadership and an inability to mentor and develop.
- Bad Fit. Whether it is the Y Generation convinced the company doesn't deserve them or an employer abandoning any effort to be an 'employer of choice' something just doesn't feel right with the job.
- Bored & Unchallenged Employees want to enjoy their job and continually learning. Afterall, full time employees spend around half their life working, getting ready for work and transporting themselves to work.
- Other Employees. You know what they say about "one bad apple..." Hiring one wrong person can bring down a cohesive team faster than hiring 5 great staff. After all we, spend more time with our colleagues than we do our husbands, wives or children!
- Salary & Benefits. Yes, you need might be attracted by a competitive salary and professional working environment. Surprising to most however is how far this is down the list as a reason for resigning.
Sources (Updated February 2018):
We hope you enjoyed this article and that you have a greater insight into what is required to secure a well paid 1 job, part time job or contract. Whilst securing a job can often be a challenge, securing a job which advances your career is an even bigger challenge. The Career Advice
resources were last updated October 2018 and are aimed to help you decide such things as whether you stay in the same role for more than 3 to 7 years or whether you are being underpaid $8,402 (or possibly overpaid) as a 1. Recruiters benefit by viewing suggested salaries or wages, and can even use our Position Description Builder quickly tailored to their organisation's employment objectives. As an enterprise, if you have 1 hiring needs Australia wide, please call us on 1300 790 330 for expert temping from the leading recruitment agency team. At Staffing we are fortunate that with our hard fort reputation as being one of the top staffing agencies in Australia (often ranked between 2 and 8), the majority of candidates and companies are referred to us. If you found us by searching for temp companies, recruitment agencies, 4x38, local temp agencies, temping or temp staffing companies then we look forward to helping you with your organisation's employment requirements or helping you accelerate your career.